Nov 5, 2008

Why is it so hard for me to decide things? I wish someone could just decide for me. Yesterday I went up to my old workplace at the hospital with some flyers looking for children to babysit. I knew some of my old coworkers well and knew some of them may need child care. I told them I never should have left to try another job and they said I could come back. I would just like to fill in around my kids things and church for now and I thought they had done away with the "fill in" position. They told me to ask the boss's boss. Sooo as I was leaving I ran into her in the hallway and she said hello and how they missed me. She said she would gladly let me return because she knew I would fulfill the requirements of the "fill in", which is filling in their gaps where they are short staffed. She also wants me to watch her newborn. She sent me to HR right away and they told me I haven't been gone long so they would also give me back my seniority. Wow! That's huge after 8 years of being there. So now I am so confused. I had made up my mind to be home but not wanting 100 kids to watch. I thought Heavenly Father wanted mommies at home. So why was this so easy yesterday? What in the world should I do?

3 comments:

Krista said...

I know that you always have your families best interest in mind and that you want to do all you can to fulfil your heavenl role aswell as your temporal role. You have always been able to balance both and your kids know you love them. There may come a time where you do not have any other choice but to stay home. You have beenpraying for an answer....maybe this is it. For now at least. What does "fill in" typically mean?

Hartson family said...

Niki, I love you. Your dedication to your family is amazing (and your work has never jeopardized it). I know you will make the right choice. However, I do wish you had the chance to stay home with them. They won't be little long and I'm so grateful for what I have had. But you have also found a career that is very fitting for your personality. Perhaps, work is best. I'll be praying for you. I know you must be confused b/c I am too and it's not my choice. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

what a difficult position to be in, but you have always done an amazing job of working and being there for your family.