Mar 29, 2009

So here it is....my long awaited piano. It may be 100 years old and not the prettiest (but I think it is) but it is MINE! Finally! Most of you have heard the story but I want to record it for later years. A woman had a piano but couldn't quite part with it because it was sentimental to her. She had received it for her 12th birthday. It wasn't getting used anymore. So my piano teacher told her about me. She was a little leary at first but when she was told our name she began to cry. Come to find out she knows my husband's family pretty well and had taught many of the boys in grade school and remembered what a nice family they were. Then she knew she could part with it. Gee, hopefully we are as great as she hopes. I know I will use it all the time.
I have been practicing a song for Jay's baptism. Hopefully I can get it. I likened my practicing to Jay getting baptized. As many times as I practice, mess up, and restart - it is the same as life. We can always do better, try harder, and start over. She sees me practice every day and knows how much work I put into it. I told here this is how we have to live our lives every day with our families and the gospel. Not many times is she truly quiet but during that lesson she was. I don't think she will ever forget that one.





4 comments:

meghan said...

that is so exciting! i bet you are loving it=) plus whata cool story!

Melissa Lasley said...

Congratulations!

Krista said...

I can't wait to see it in person! Music is a wonderful thing to have in a home!

the freestone6 said...

How fun! I didnt know you played. It looks great