Mar 22, 2009

Another fun (and busy) weekend
Mississippi River Boat Museum
We needed something fun to do for Spring Break and it always seems to go way too fast. Thank goodness to nice weather this year at least. It ended up being a Jolley affair (minus C & L who were doing their own family vacation) as we all went to Dubuque for a fun day at the museum. 12 kids and 4 adults. Whew! At nap time we drove past Galena to the look out tower which ended up being closed. Bummer but good enough to get the younger ones asleep and a little nap. A quick stop at the fudge factory and then home for the day.
And the funny of the day I will never forget...
everyone who knows me knows I can be a little forgetful at times but this time I wasn't. We stopped at a gas station and Jared was out of the van for a moment and I decided to take off. I knew I wasn't forgetting him but he didn't realize that at first. The look on his face in the rearview mirror was priceless as his arms were flailing and he was running and shouting with his mouth wide open. We had such a good laugh that he fell out of the van trying to get back in and I couldn't even drive for a while it was so funny.
Ahhh memories.


5 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I can just see you pulling pranks on your kids!

meghan said...

You are such a fun mom. I would have loved to have seen Jareds face. I laughed out loud when i read your post. Then i read it to garran=)

Krista said...

ahhh...what Jolley fun! Those are the fun times the kids will remember all their lives!

Frisbies Forever said...

That is funny. I wish I could have seen his face. You make me laugh.

Naomi said...

You know, Mr. Citta did that to me when we were at Drum Major camp one summer. We were at McDonald's and my food was taking too long to get done so they "left me". I was mortified!!! We were in the middle of Illinois and I was 15 years old and freaking out. He and the other drum majors thought it was sooo funny!!! :)