Mar 14, 2009






Dates with Mom
Friday night was date night with the boys and Saturday was date day with the girls. I try to give each of my kids so much of my time instead of money or things so this weekend was fun stuff. Friday night I took my boys to the Sports Show at the UNI dome. It has been our yearly family tradition since Jared was a baby. In fact I remember having to nurse him inside one of the display tents one year. It was fun watching Jared do archery, go-karting, and fishing. No bites this year though. He also got his first air shot gun. Sort of like a BB gun but safer I guess. I have put this off for many years. I know he will be careful and knows gun safety thanks to his dad taking him to the shooting range at a young age. I found my dream camper. It has a loft with a sectional. Never seen anything like it before. Jared says he will buy it for me. And Christian was ever so happy in the backback where he could see everything. Sat started early with hairdo's for the tumbling meet. Jayden was very disappointed with her 6th and 3rd place finishes (last both times). As mean as this sounds Jer and I had hoped this would happen soon. She usually wins and needs to learn that it isn't how it always will be. She was a good sport to the others but shed a few tears of her own. As hard as that is to see it was also good to see. Kate on the other hand had her first meet and her tears were because her routine couldn't come soon enough. She had to wait for 3 hours for goodness sakes. First meet, first trophy - ah life couldn't be better - just ask her. I tried to upload my videos but couldn't. Will try later. Enjoy the pics.





2 comments:

meghan said...

Poor Jayden. Those lessons are hard to learn. But at least she was a good sport! Looks like Kate and jared had a good time too=)

Frisbies Forever said...

That looked like fun!