Mar 9, 2009

The stairs won!!!


On Thurs I had a fight with the stairs and as you can see the stairs won. I don't think the pics do it justice but it hurt too much to move it any other way for the pic. So the story was that I was trying to vaccuum the van. I headed down the stairs inside with heavy vaccuum in hand. Thought there were no more steps but there was really one more. Woops! Down I go - hit head on door - head first down 2nd flight of stairs - vaccuum on top of me and really sore foot/ankle. Ok sorta funny now but still in pain so not as funny as it may be some day. I couldn't feel my toes and I had heard some crunching when I fell. I was shaking with pain and the pain was shooting up the back of my leg. As I laid there and tried to talk Kate and Jake into finding my phone which 10 min later they did I realized I had hairy legs. I knew I had to go to the ER for x-rays but wasn't gonna be caught dead with my coworkers with hairy legs. Soo, then I talked Kate into grabbing a razor and Jake into finding the spray bottle. They were great and did just what I said. I tried to stay calm but realized not only was my foot broken but every muscle was sore. So I called Susie and bless her heart she rushed over with her mom. She watched the kids and her mom took me to the ER and kept me company. Nothing was broken to my surprise thank goodness but it does still make crunching sounds. Maybe I will have to check my own x-ray out next time I go to work because I still can't believe it isn't broken. So today all is still very sore from my head to my feet and the bruising is getting worse. What a long way down for a not so little person. The bruising is worse today. THANK YOU THANK YOU to Julie for the crutches and Susie for all your help. Family and friends are great. What would I do without all of you?





Here is the normal ankle

5 comments:

jej said...

at least you shaved! :-0

Frisbies Forever said...

That is so funny and so not! I am sorry, that has to kill. I hope it heals quickly!

meghan said...

Im so sorry. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Stairs can be so mean sometimes!

Hartson family said...

Oh Niki- I hadn't heard the full account yet. So sorry. Thank heavens for obedient 4 year olds... you're so lucky you weren't depending on my kids- you'd be sure to have shown off the monkey legs!

Krista said...

woo, woo sexy legs!!!! I can't believe you and stairs. The next house you get will have to be a stairless!