Apr 5, 2010

As a reminder to myself that I need to blog more to keep a better journal for our family I was just sitting here remembering.....
This month is my mothers birthday - oh how I wish she was here to tease, to laugh with, for Jeremy to make fun of... Some people have mothers that drive them crazy and oh how I wish mine were here to drive me crazy.
Funny things my kids say that make my heart tingle:
Bubbie is always yelling and correcting us right now. He spent the whole way home from church the other day correcting everyone who said it was hot. He said, "...no it not hot it warm". This makes me laugh because it took sooo long for him to even talk and now I'm even thinking he might be a little smart even.
Kate and I were heatedly discussing one day. Well Kate was heatedly trying to make me understand and I was trying to figure out what the heck she was talking about. She wanted Rotten Candy. I tried to tell her there was no such thing but she was insistent. The next time we were in the Wal Mart line she lifted up a bag and said with much satisfaction that what she was holding was the Rotton Candy. I couldnt help but laugh so hard because of course it was cotton candy.
Jayden always so proper can fart like no other. Yes I know this is on public record for all to see but that girl can make noise that you don't even think is real. So many noises I even think she has her own fart language. And to make it even grosser her best friend and her do this together and think it is hilarious. Gross!! This is blamed on Jer because before any of our kids could talk he had them realizing what was a good fart and what wasn't. Jayden would fart and look over at her daddy for approval before she could even talk. Many broken chairs at this house from that girl.
And Jared oh lovely Jared right now. Hmmm! Can't hardly say anything without his voice cracking. This is sooo wierd for me. I don't feel that old to be having a child maturing but you can't stop it. This is great for me right now because it cracks when he is yelling at his siblings or getting angry with me. It stops him quick because he has to caugh and well ha the jokes on him.
And my guilt for the day. We were driving in the rain and hitting puddles and having a little fun until I stopped too quickly and Jay side and Kates nose got hurt. So much for a little fun. I told Jared no more doughnuts in the winter or puddles in the rain - its not worth it.
Thanks for listening to my ramblings. Other than the last thing I do try to sit down each night and reflect on happy things and then I sleep much better.

2 comments:

meghan said...

cute post!

Frisbies Forever said...

Growing up so fast! I am sure your Mom misses you too.